THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING IN OUR “JIVE IN THE HIVE” DANCE-A-THON!
Thanks to everyone’s support, our PTA exceeded its goal of raising $5K in this virtual fundraiser! Funds raised will support several PTA initiatives, including sponsoring a Virtual Science Assembly for all students at our school! Stay tuned for details on the “Mad Science” Assembly, which will be presented in April!
We are also excited to announce that ALL Students in our school have earned a Free Glow Band for participating in our Dance-a-thon!
If you were unable to make our “Drive-Thru” Prize Pick-Up this past Monday, please note the additional prize pick-up dates below:
Wednesday, March 3 from 11 AM – 1 PM
Monday, March 8 from 2 – 4 PM
If you are unable to make these pick-up dates, please contact Tomoko Azuma at [email protected]. All unclaimed prizes will be donated on March 12.
Finally, please find ALL of our Surprise Videos, which aired throughout our event, listed below. We hope you have fun watching these videos together! Thank you to all teachers and staff who took time out of their incredibly busy schedules to create/select these videos for us:
1. Music To Dance To — Ms. Schwoyer (Strings Teacher) performs Two Dancing Songs
2. Chicken Dance on The Farm — Mr. Johnson (P.E. Teacher) takes us to his farm and shows us his dance moves!
3. Blast from the Past — Ms. Estornell (Art Teacher) shares photos of herself AND her artwork from her elementary school days!
4. “No Leak Bag” Experiment — Ms. Richardson (Library Teacher) shares a fun experiment for students to try at home!
5. “Sweet Surprise” for Valentine’s Day — Ms. Montero (Kindergarten Teacher) lets us cuddle up with her dog, Teddy, for a reading of “If You Give A Dog A Donut!”
6. Musical Glasses — Mr. Covington (Music Teacher) sent us this musical experiment for students to try at home!
7. Pie Time — Ms. Carpenter (Math Teacher) and her daughter enjoy pie together!
8. The Mad Scientist — Mr. McHenry (STEAM Teacher) gets messy with an at-home Science experiment!
9. States of Matter Prank –Mr. McHenry (STEAM Teacher) gives (and gets) a surprise lesson on States of Matter
10. Thank You from the Assistant Principals & Special Guests — Ms. Almquist & Ms. Baxter (Assistant Principals) send us their heartfelt thanks! This video also includes Ms. Bryant (Guidance counselor) and our Buzzy Bee mascots (Mr. Falkey, Guidance Counselor & Ms. Snyder, Parent Liaison).
Special THANK YOU to Ms. Cheryl Day, Mr. Falkey, & the incredible Friday News Show Crew for their awesome job reporting on our Dance-a-thon!
Register your student(s) on funrun.com. It just takes 30 seconds! Use this QR Code for easy access.
Share with at least 5 family and friends using the tools on funrun.com.
Give a donation to your registered student if you’re able.
Funds will be used for PTA projects such as fun virtual events for students and families, future field trips, school food pantry, teacher grants, and more! All students can participate in the dance event, regardless of financial participation.
Get ready to bumble!
Our Kickoff on Feb 8 will get us focused on the fun while teaching our students a few minutes each day leading up to the event about different ways to build character and by emphasizing several points on FCPS’s Portrait of a Graduate. They’ll learn about teamwork, caring for others, courage, grit, and determination! It all ends with a school-wide, high-spirited dance workout on Feb 18!
SAVE THE DATE FOR FEBRUARY 19!
If you have any questions, contact our Boosterthon Coordinator Tara Reddy at [email protected].