Herndon Elementary Homecoming Parade
Calling all Busy Bees! Come out and cheer along Elden Street on Saturday, October 19 as we defend last year’s title of Best in Parade!
The parade theme this year is INTO THE FUTURE, and we’re planning to march in the parade
wearing bright neon colors because “our future is so bright!”
Participant Signup and Instructions:
Parade Route: Along Elden Street from Sterling Road to Lynn Street
Parade Start Time: 9:30am
Pre-Parade Check-in Time: 8:30am at Staging Area at Herndon Middle School. Please check in with Mrs. Graham.
Important Notes (Please read all of the following):
- HHS Homecoming Parade Marshals will be wearing yellow windbreakers. The parade begins at HERNDON MIDDLE SCHOOL. No drop-offs are permitted at the intersections of Elden Street and Sterling Road or the intersection of Herndon Parkway and Sterling Road for traffic control and safety reasons. Elden Street will close to traffic at 9am. Please plan accordingly to get to the pre-parade meeting location on time (see above).
- At least one parent/guardian is required to march the entire parade route with your child/children.
- All participants are strongly encouraged to wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking the parade route.
- Please be mindful of the weather and it is recommended to dress in layers. The weather forecast is cool and sunny in the morning but temperatures may rise slightly once the parade starts. Participants should wear bright neon colors or their HES Spiritwear in black or red.
- There are no bathrooms along the parade route – please plan accordingly!
- If you feel you or your child may need a snack/drink during this event, please feel free to bring it although we recommend traveling lightly.
- The parade route ends on Lynn Street (near the red train caboose and Dairy Queen). Please be mindful that you will need to walk back to retrieve your car. If this is problematic for you, we recommend arranging to have someone pick you up at a designated area of your choice to take you back to car.
Everyone is encouraged to have fun and show your HES Busy Bee Pride!!
For questions, please contact: Jaime Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org