Herndon Elementary School PTA is an all-volunteer organization whose PTA members are the association. Only persons who have been members for at least 30 days are legally qualified to make motions and vote. Membership is open to all who care about the welfare of children, youth, and families.
Purpose of the PTA:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and community.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The Mission of PTA:
The mission of PTA is to represent our members and to empower and support them with the skills in advocacy, leadership, and communication to positively impact the lives of all children and families.
The National PTA is the oldest and largest volunteer association working exclusively on behalf of all children and youth. For more than 100 years, the National PTA has promoted the education, health, and safety of children, youth, and families.
Why Join the Herndon Elementary PTA?
Support your school. Our PTA supports student activities and school programs such as cultural arts programs, field trip transportation, 6th grade celebration, the , and many others. Contributions directly support the school through education grants to teachers and the purchase of enrichment materials and equipment.
Advocacy. Your all-inclusive national, state and local PTA membership supports advocacy on issues that benefit children and families. Examples include increasing opportunities to walk to and from school through Safe Routes to School, advocating at state and local levels on budget issues, and keeping kids well through the Healthy Lifestyles campaign.
Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss issues, share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Resources and discounts. Information on members-only parenting resources and discounts can be found on your membership card, available at Back-to-School night.