HES PTA Buzz: 1 October 2018
Bee the Hive! Donate Today!
It’s time for the third annual “Bee the Hive” flyer fundraiser. Our goal is to raise $5,000. All the money raised will go directly to fund programs that help our students!
Please contribute any amount you can. Every donation makes a difference! We also encourage you to see if your employer offers a matching grants program.
The PTA will be collecting donations through Friday, November 2. Contributions are tax-deductible, and letters verifying your donation can be provided upon request.
Bee the Hive funds are be used to pay for:
- Cultural and educational assemblies and family nights
- FCPS bus transportation for field trips
- Meal Bridge program for low-income families
- Classroom enrichment materials and equipment
- Professional development and continuing education grants for teachers
Donate today at https://herndonespta.com/
donate/ and BEE THE HIVE!
PTA Volunteer Needs!
Literacy Room Volunteers: https://www.
The Literacy Team needs continued support throughout the year to maintain organization within the literacy room so teachers can easily access resources. The volunteer(s) would be asked to re-shelve books and support the Literacy Team with any other miscellaneous needs that may arise.
Just a couple of hours, one Friday a month? Easy!
Movie Night Coordinator: OPEN!
This is an easy way to help offer a FREE event to HES families. We need someone to coordinate arrange the details of the evening, including the movie license and popcorn. Movie Night is scheduled for February 15.
A complete list of all the PTA Volunteer needs is available at https://herndonespta.com/
Remember, you can always check the PTA calendar at https://herndonespta.com/ev
Watch for more details to come for all these events!
- Walk/Bike to School Day: Wednesday, Oct 10
- Chuck E. Cheese Spirit Night: Friday, Oct 12, 5-8pm
- Bus Driver & Crossing Guard Appreciation Day: Wednesday, Oct 24
- Spooky Bingo: Friday, Oct 26 @ 6:30pm
- Food and Fitness Day: Tuesday, Oct 30
- Fall Scholastic Book Fair: Nov 12-16
- General PTA Meeting/Book Fair Family Night: Tuesday, Nov 13 @ 6:3pm
Join the PTA!
Be sure to join the PTA by October 15 if you want to receive a printed HES Directory! Join online at https://herndonespta.com/me
Posted by Herndon PTA Secretary in Newsletter.